Werewolf dream suit

This blog is to document my work on my Dream werewolf suit, from my first mask to my current progress.

I have always had a fascination for werewolves and in watching many movies as well as admiring other cosplayers and their beautiful fursuits,...i had a dream to build my dream werewolf suit.

and i hope one day to have a movie quality suit. but as you will see it started out with a simple paper mache wolf mask to my current full hotglued fursuit.

I plan to remake my body suit again by sewing it and adding some sort of cooling system and digitigrade stilt legs.

year after year i fix problems and find others , it is a continuous work in progress.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wolf Premier's at FAN:DOM Con 2010 ( & my big Mistake )

October 2010 marked me making up for last year

and i was gonna make it AWESOME!

Little did i know it would literally cost me lots of  BLOOD, Sweat & Tears.

so lets start out with my MISTAKE:


as i was working on my suit i made the simple yet incredibly stupid MISTAKE of leaving a razor blade on the floor as i ran back and forth to the mirror for adjustments.

i stepped directly on the back of the blade onto the heel of my left foot. BLOOD was everywhere, as i hobbled to the bathroom and left a pool on the toilet as i tried to stop the bleeding.

i initially didn't realize i had stepped on the blade, all i knew was what felt like i had stepped on a pencil, then i looked down to see the blade stuck upright in the tile and my foot bleeding imensly




just please learn from my mistake and keep tabs of sharp objects when working on projects.

i paid for it with a scar that still aches badly. i thankfully managed not to get an infection since i was smart enough to keep ointment on it and a few days off work since i couldn't walk on it for about a week

the tetanus shot hurt pretty bad tho, but by the time i got to the doctor, the wound had healed and there was nothing he could do. i think i did minor nerve damage. but i'll live.


ALRIGHT! onto my pictures!

My first photoshoot was at our local convention. http://www.facebook.com/people/Fandom-Con/100000787504868 It was the first year for a con here we were all so excited!

we did a shoot out in front with my friend Kristine in her cute Lolita under a REAL FULL MOON!!!!



what lurks in the SHADOWS?
THE BIG BAD WOLF!!!!




we freaked so many people out cuz i was hiding in the bushes in the dark LOL

i started out the con just wearing my legs and a Haori coat because i had to help with our kimono photo booth we were running


friends invited me to join them at the con's RAVE
and promptly got overheated in like two minutes
the cops on guard for the con were very impressed with my suit as i took breaks to cool off LOL

"Going UP?"
"Or DOWN?"
OMG a WEREWOLF Sighting!!!

this was a fun and FREE Con, i am definitly gonna try to attend again this year for 2011

pic snapped of me by FANDOM staff:





No comments:

Post a Comment