Werewolf dream suit

This blog is to document my work on my Dream werewolf suit, from my first mask to my current progress.

I have always had a fascination for werewolves and in watching many movies as well as admiring other cosplayers and their beautiful fursuits,...i had a dream to build my dream werewolf suit.

and i hope one day to have a movie quality suit. but as you will see it started out with a simple paper mache wolf mask to my current full hotglued fursuit.

I plan to remake my body suit again by sewing it and adding some sort of cooling system and digitigrade stilt legs.

year after year i fix problems and find others , it is a continuous work in progress.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wolf 1.0 My first attempt at a werewolf suit

This one started out in 2006 from inspiration of a Anthro Artist i Admire ; GoldenWolf http://www.goldenwolfen.com/ .

I really loved her interpretation of the Werewolf as a Beautiful Creature. and also at the time she had a tutorial on how to make a Spirit mask, which she and her friend Kyoht made for their own fun & for their group meetups.

The Mask was constructed off of a cardboard base and celluclay paper mache. the hair was Weave i bought at a wig shop. the ears were styrofoam eggs i cut in half and also covered in celluclay. The eyes i sculpted myself since at the time i had no access to taxedermy eyes, i sculpted them with glow sculpy clay. The rest was just hand painted, it took me a few tries for the color to be right in my mind.

My first attempt at a mask was pretty successful since i had never used the particular supplies before NOR attampted to make a mask like this before. i was pretty happy how it actually looked like a wolf.



The color choice i decided on was not a real wolf however, i had been deeply in love with an Anime called " Wolf's Rain" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf's_Rain and i based my wolf mask off of a character called Toboe  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I23GOXJZe1o.

i had intended to wear this only as a partial fursuit since i didn't have the confidence nor knowledge to attempt anything major.


here is what i came up with:






My first outing was on Halloween 2006. i had made matching Hand Paws which were all hand sewn, Foot Paws & a Tail.
The paws were all made using the tutorial by http://www.matrices.net/fursuiting.asp . which was a BIG help.

All in all the costume was fairly comfortable, but i made the eyes too small to really see out of and there really weren't any breathing holes so my glasses fogged up when wearing it.

I Did however try to get a few more uses out of it for a while as you can see here:


I decided my 2nd Outing would be Halloween 2008 @ http://www.gulfbreezezoo.org/


I decided to also wear it to a Halloween Party I was invited to in 2008

I tired entering a contest on Gaia but i was late with my entry lol


In the end I Had to Retire this mask because in trying to charge the eyes i forgot i had left them under my lamp too long and the heat made the bridge of the nose crack .

I also decided now was the time to make a new one since i now had ideas and the motivation to make a better mask. i had been wanting to make one with a moveable jaw.



( minor update 6-4-11)

I was looking thru my old files and found some of my process pics from making this mask!




built my skeleton with nothing more than
styrofoam , fun foam sheet strips &
felt sheets


sfter i got the general shape down
i covered it with celluclay
( a type of papermache')



it took daaaays to dry in my warm house





my original paintjob was really off in the colors
so i had to repaint it again after this




No comments:

Post a Comment