Werewolf dream suit

This blog is to document my work on my Dream werewolf suit, from my first mask to my current progress.

I have always had a fascination for werewolves and in watching many movies as well as admiring other cosplayers and their beautiful fursuits,...i had a dream to build my dream werewolf suit.

and i hope one day to have a movie quality suit. but as you will see it started out with a simple paper mache wolf mask to my current full hotglued fursuit.

I plan to remake my body suit again by sewing it and adding some sort of cooling system and digitigrade stilt legs.

year after year i fix problems and find others , it is a continuous work in progress.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wolf 2.0 My second Attempt

Ah! 2009 the year i had gotten so Excited about starting a new mask.

This time i attempted a two piece mask with a moveable jaw....unfortunately i didn't really understand the mechanics of making one of those and it didn't work out quite as i had planned. lol

i had decided to make a Black or Grey wolf this time, i wanted an all black wolf but photography wise i knew it wouldn't work so well, so i opted for a mostly black wolf . also because the black fur was cheaper and easier to get.

this was my concept:

I had also intended to make a suit that uses stilt legs, but ran outta time and money, so i opted to attempt Faux digitgrade legs that uses an illusion of digitgrade legs, but uses your own legs.

I am only about 5 feet tall so i wanted the height to be...scary.

I decided to try to make the mask snarl too and went for an exaggerated look.

I reused my old feet and just painted them black. 
I made new gloves by buying plastic bear claws, painting them white to stand out from the black and glued them onto black halloween gloves.
I made new glow eyes by cutting out the backs of google eyes and filling them with glow in the dark puff paint.
The head was constructed completly out of cardboard, fun foam sheets and lots and lots of hot glue.

Hot Glue is my friend AND my ENEMY when it comes to making my suits.



These in the flannel were my initial test shots:


werewolf is in your KITCHEN! Oh! Noes!

I used a real fox tail cuz it worked

oh and thats my cat Jasmine LOL
As Excited as i was to wear this for Halloween i Got a Terrible case of  BRONCHITIS! and was out for about a month.
I swear i dont think i had a hissy fit since i was a little kid! i cried so hard , i was looking forward to halloween so much and all my friends had planned the whole day around me, cuz i love halloween more than christmas or my Birthday!

BUT i have AWESOME Friends and they came to cheer me up and take a few pictures :


i had fun but was still sorely dissapointed i couldn't enjoy my favorite holiday , after all i had waited and planned and worked so hard for it.

I decided to make up for it at the Local Rennaisance Faire soon after in 2010.

I decided i needed to UPGRADE the suit into a Full fursuit.

Since i didn't have the time nor money to make a Ducktape Dummy to sew a suit, i decided to do an improbable thing; Hot glue the suit together while wearing the base clothes...yea you heard me, HOT GLUE THE WHOLE THING!

insaine yes, but somehow i made it work and managed to finish the whole suit in like two weeks so i could wear it to the ren faire.

I tried to fix the jaw, which worked better,..but i still had an overbite look no matter what i did reguardless what my video says:

I also decided to make the faux digitgrade legs:

here's some vids  as i was trying them out:



                                                        


                                                       

My Progress pics:



I learned a lesson when making a fursuit too,...DON'T Attach the feet to the legs,...cuz it's REALLY hard to get in and out of. LOL...but it still works for what i need


and heres a vid of my completed suit right after i finished:


                                                       

and pictures:


Dad snapped this one of me when i was looking at the test shots LOL

I'm a FAT Werewolf

Dash is like "WTF IZZAT?"

once he heard me talk he realized i was me n proceeded to rub on me

and my GRAND Unveiling at the Gulfcoast Rennaisance Faire 2010; i wore it the first day:



I got a pic with JACK & Crew! YAY! and he called me a PUPPY! giggle!



I ATE Fran's Head!
And then we made up ! LOL

Video's:









and just to be able to wear the legs again comfortably the second day i temporairily added a goat tail and hooved to turn myself iinto a Satyr!:


jack remembered me as werewolf!
 everyone though my Satyr costume was a cool as my werewolf i got called cute a lot and freaked some people out in the bathroom stalls when all they could see were my fuzzy legs! LOL
 
a lot of people seemed dissapointed i didn't wear the full suit the second day, but many remembered me! YAY
 



I was Pretty well recieved by everyone and was soooo happy!

HOWEVER! I had some teenage girls ask me if i was a BADGER?! and some people didn't get that i was a werewolf at all or WHY i was one....HELLOOOO fairy tale creature!? durrr!

i got asked if i was hot like every five seconds,..YES of course i was hot!

all in all i was happy with the suit, but the OVERBITE/Jaw problem and my legs looking not as i had envisioned were still bugging me so i decided i needed to improve it yet again the next year.

because i JUST wasn't happy enough with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment